We have introduced a new telephone system in an effort to improve patient access. There is now only one telephone number to use and your call can then be directed to the most appropriate department.
023 8027 3252
When calling the surgery, please choose from the following options:
- Option 1 : MEDICAL EMERGENCY : connects you directly to the EMERGENCY desk where urgent advice or assistance will be arranged.
- Option 2 : CANCEL APPOINTMENT : connects you directly to voicemail box where you can leave a message to cancel an appointment. You will not be able to speak to a member of staff so cannot change your appointment on this number. We cannot respond to other messages left on this line.
- Option 3: RECEPTION & BOOK APPOINTMENT : General reception enquiries and to book a ppointments with a doctor or nurse. For routine appointments you will be offered the first available appointment with the doctor/nurse of your choice, or another doctor/nurse if this is not convenient. Please try, if possible, to see the same doctor for a particular problem
- Option 4 : PRESCRIPTION QUERIES : connects you to Prescription Clerk who can advise on repeat prescription queries. We cannot accept requests for repeat prescriptions via telephone, these should be in writing or via our website.
- Option 5 : SECRETARY : connects you to the Secretary who can advise you on hospital referrals or queries about Choose and Book.
- Option 6: RESULTS LINE : connects you to dedicated line to enquire about test results.
Before making an appointment, please consider whether you need to see a doctor, or whether an appointment with a nurse may be suitable.
Appointments can be made by telephone or in person .
You may be accompanied by a relative or a friend at any consultation, but please introduce them to your doctor/nurse at the beginning of the consultation. If you would like a chaperone to be present during any intimate examination, please ask the doctor/nurse before the examination commences.
If you cannot keep your appointment, please let us know so that we can offer it to another patient.